Monday, January 26, 2009

a cautionary tale

There is a song that's been in my head a lot lately (I Still Do by Reckless Kelly). It really sums up how I've been feeling about my wife. Its about a guy who hasn't told or shown his girl how much he loves her in a while and he wants her to know that he still does. We've been super busy for the last several months and I wanted to play the song for her and remind her just how crazy I am about her. So, I cue up the ipod, hand her the earbuds, and press play. About a minute into the song I get a call from the other room, "Why does this remind you of me?" Well, I must have pressed the button an extra time because instead of hearing this lovely song about how I still love her she hears.....


I Can Drink Any Woman Pretty

Not good.

The moral of the story is, always double check.
By the way, she laughed and then I played the song I intended for her to hear. All is well.

1 comment:

Sir Klenton said...

That's hilarious. I actually laughed out loud. :)